How to become an consultant:
Everyone has an untapped reservoir of knowledge. Put yours to work for you as an independent consultant by teaching your skills to others. Are you curious about the different types of consulting work? Did you think the different types of consulting work could only be found in the world of big business? Well think again! I have given an example of Boston IT consulting for consulting business.
Parameters should define to become a good consultant:
What certifications and special licensing will I need?
Am I qualified to become a consultant?
Am I organized enough to become a consultant?
Do I like to network?
Have I set long-term and short-term goals?
Could I make consulting more than one sector?
Above are the few questions to find answer to before a consultant. If you can answers this questions you should be the one of the best and you can sustained the group of consulting world.
Some interesting facts about consulting:
-Annual turn over more than US $20 billion.
-High end working and over 30 decade culture and fun environment.
-Given higher priority to different thoughts of people who achieved the target.
-Extreme networks of greater peoples।
Here Worlds Top 25 Consulting Firms Source :(Vault dot com)
1 McKinsey & Company
2 Boston Consulting Group
3 Bain & Company
4 Booz Allen Hamilton
5 Monitor Group
6 Mercer Management Consulting
7 Mercer Oliver Wyman
8 Mercer Human Resource Consulting
9 The Parthenon Group
10 Deloitte Consulting LLP
11 L.E.K. Consulting
12 Marakon Associates
13 IBM Global Business Services
14 A.T. Kearney
16 Gartner, Inc.
17 Roland Berger Strategy Consultants
18 Hewitt Associates
19 Katzenbach Partners LLC
20 Towers Perrin
21 Watson Wyatt Worldwide
22 NERA Economic Consulting
23 Cambridge Associates LLC
24 CRA International
25 Mars & Co
Popular area of consulting:
1. Accounting: Accounting is something that every business needs, no matter how large or small. Accounting consultants can help a business with all of its financial needs.
2. Advertising: This type of consultant is normally hired by a business to develop a good strategic advertising campaign.
3. Auditing: From consultants who audit utility bills for small businesses to consultants who handle major work for telecommunications firms, auditing consultants are enjoying the fruits of their labor.
4. Business: Know how to help a business turn a profit? If you have a good business sense, then you'll do well as a business consultant. After computer consulting, people in this field are the next most sought after.
5. Business writing: Everyone knows that most businesspeople have trouble when it comes to writing a report--or even a simple memo. Enter the business writing consultant, and everyone is happy!
6. Career counseling: With more and more people finding themselves victims of a corporate downsizing, career counselors will always be in demand. Career counselors guide their clients into a profession or job that will help them be both happy and productive as an employee.
7. Communications: Communications consultants specialize in helping employees in both large and small businesses better communicate with each other, which ultimately makes the business more efficient and operate smoothly.
8. Computer consulting: From software to hardware, and everything in between, if you know computers, your biggest problem will be not having enough hours in the day to meet your clients' demands!
9. Editorial services: From producing newsletters to corporate annual reports, consultants who are experts in the editorial field will always be appreciated.
10. Executive search/headhunter firms: While this is not for everyone, there are people who enjoy finding talent for employers.
11. Gardening: In the past decade the demand for gardening consultants has blossomed (pun intended) into a $1 million-a-year business. Not only are businesses hiring gardening consultants; so are people who are too busy to take care of their gardens at home.
12. Grantsmanship: Once you learn how to write a grant proposal, you can name your price.
13. Human resources: As long as businesses have people problems (and they always will), consultants in this field will enjoy a never-ending supply of corporate clients, both large and small. (People-problem prevention programs could include teaching employees to get along with others, respect and even violence prevention in the workplace.)
14. Insurance: Everyone needs insurance, and everyone needs an insurance consultant to help them find the best plan and pricing for them.
15. Marketing: Can you help a business write a marketing plan? Or do you have ideas that you feel will help promote a business? If so, why not try your hand as a marketing consultant?
16. Payroll management: Everyone needs to get paid. By using your knowledge and expertise in payroll management, you can provide this service to many businesses, both large and small.
17. Public relations: Getting good press coverage for any organization is a real art. When an organization finds a good PR consultant, they hang on to them for life!
18. Publishing: If you're interested in the publishing field, then learn everything you can and you, too, can be a publishing consultant. A publishing consultant usually helps new ventures when they are ready to launch a new newspaper, magazine, newsletter--and even websites and electronic newsletters.
19. Taxes: With the right marketing and business plan (and a sincere interest in taxes), your career as a tax consultant can be very lucrative. A tax consultant advises businesses on the legal methods to pay the least amount of tax possible.
20. Writing services: Anything related to the written word will always be in demand. Find your specialty in the writing field, and the sky will be the limit! (Courtesy:entrepreneur.com)