Consolidated results for the quarter ended December 31, 2007
- Income was Rs. 4,271 crore for the third quarter ended December 31, 2007; YoY growth was 16.9%
- Net profit after tax* was Rs. 1,231 crore for the quarter ended December 31, 2007; YoY growth was 25.2%
- Earnings per share* increased to Rs. 21.54 from Rs. 17.64 for the corresponding quarter in the previous year; YoY growth was 22.1%
* The net profit for the quarter ended December 31, 2007 includes a reversal of tax provisions amounting to Rs. 50 crore. Excluding this reversal, the earnings per share for the quarter would have been
Rs. 20.66 resulting in a YoY growth of 17.1%.
- 47 new clients were added during the quarter by Infosys and subsidiaries
- Gross addition of 11,683 employees (net 8,100) for the quarter by Infosys and subsidiaries
- 88,601 employees as on December 31, 2007 for Infosys and subsidiaries
"We see several opportunities for growth in the marketplace and have concluded several multi-year, multi-million deals during the quarter," said S. Gopalakrishnan, CEO and Managing Director. "We believe that our ability to handle large, complex programs using the Global Delivery Model provides a compelling value proposition to global customers seeking efficiency in a challenging macro-environment.
This is an immediate Release will updated soon
Source:Infosys, NASDAQ, BSE